|- The successful candidate
for this position must have extensive senior leadership
experience in discovery biology with a thorough
understanding of all the requirements and processes
needed in drug discovery development in different
therapeutic areas from target selection, to discovery
into development, and ultimately registration.
- A demonstrated track record of leading multiple
dynamic research groups that have moved compounds
into the clinic is a requisite.
- An in-depth knowledge of current drug discovery
targets being pursued within industry and clear
insight toward the future direction of novel therapeutics
and an ability to critically evaluate in-licensing
opportunities is essential.
- Define the strategic direction for biology
drug discovery efforts by working in close collaboration
with clients, senior management and the discovery
biology team to manage and lead world-class discovery
efforts in different therapeutic platforms with
both small and large/biologic molecules.
- Build and deliver a sustainable flow of Development
Candidates for clinical development consistent
with agreed strategies.
- Closely work with multi disciplinary teams
to set objectives and manage multiple projects
and build an innovative culture that cultivates
teamwork and optimizes performance and execution
of discovery Biology efforts.
- Responsible for data review, analysis and interpretation
from a variety of sources and evaluates the impact
on research projects, goals and provide input
on decision points for projects.
- Effectively apply and enable state-of-the-art
technologies and best practices to improve operational
- Ensure performance standards are maintained
and that experimental work is performed to a consistently
- Balance leadership strength with self-awareness,
confidence and humility.
- Represent the company both internally and externally
with both the scientific and business communities.
- Actively assist in seeking product and/or technology
alliances with appropriate academia, research
and industry partners.
- Demonstrate strong people management skills,
leading by example with a high level of emotional
intelligence, and be willing to work closely and
collaboratively with other functional groups.
- Outstanding presentation and communication