# Develop a Marketing Plan for the Department
in consultation with the Department Head (Month
wise as well as Product wise) which shall include
the following Marketing tools
# Identification of various application areas
based on experiences, Industry trends, Product
Profiles, Market Size and Feasibility, specific
# Finalization of Topics along with Dept. head
- Helping the Department Head and Advertising
Agency in developing advertising campaign (Annual
as well as product specific).
- Media Planning vis-à-vis allocated advt.
Budget and also tracking of;
- Media Trends
- Media Rates
- New Media Vehicles
- Tracking of implementation of Advertisement
- Tracking response
- Identification of all Technical Journals relevant
to different application areas of various
products & Tracking and study of periodicity
and profile of these Technical Journals.
- Development of Product Write-up Calendar for
the financial year based on:
. Product/ Application thrust areas
· Media Schedule,so that both can compliment
· Periodicity / profile of Technical Journals.
· Special issues of Technical Journals
3. Study of various approaches undertaken for
4. Preparing brief write-ups on products highlighting
application areas, operating principals etc. Typically
the write-up is about 150-200 words. This can
be used as a standard set for sending to Technical
journals as per Product Write-up Calendar and
as and when required basis.
5. Identification and processing of product photographs
required to go along with product write-ups
6. Coordination with the plant to keep track
of changes in the existing products and development
of new products.
7. Tracking of Product launches in
various Technical Journals for Product Write-ups
of New Products.
8. Communicating with editors of different Technical
Journals for free incorporation of product write-ups
9. Tracking and incorporating specific requests
from Technical Journals for product write-ups
in the product-write-up calendar.
10. Tracking and keeping a record of Product
Write-ups published in various Technical
Tracking and General Supervision of Exhibition
Participation from various group companies and
coordinate/implement parallel promotional activities
e.g. DM Campaign, Ad campaign to drive optimum
benefit from the participation.
Seminars, Conferences and Meetings:
Support (when required) the branches, marketing
team for seminars and conference as following.
Coordination of seminars, date, venue, action
to be taken, preparation of seminar materials,
handouts, copy writing, designing and production,
planning and preparation of slides, with the dept.
heads help to send and upgrade from time
Other Promotional activities
- Supervision of Marketing Package database
- Providing support to sales in their Market/
Business Development efforts
- Tracking/maintaining reference material, photographs,
literature, applications, slides, video etc.
- General supervision of record keeping and housekeeping
- Coordination with branches and plants from
time to time
- Coordination with vendors
- Handling of incoming mail
- Attending seminars, workshops, exhibitions
to upgrade/update self on various new methods/products/technologies
- To manage the department on a daily basis
to ensure that they deliver the companys
PR and marketing activities in a timely and accurate
- Establish proactive marketing communication
solutions in line with corporate guidelines
- Working with a PR agency liaise with all departments
to enhance the identity of the company and its
brands Responsible for keeping all customers up-to-date
with business and corporate activities
- Manage the departmental budget to increase
effectiveness of the support service