Head - Products & Design, Dhaka (Bangladesh) for a Fashion Clothing Brand
Experience: 7 - 15 Years Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh Compensation: Rupees 12,00,000 - 17,00,000 P.A. Education: Graduate in Fashion Technology from NIFT or equivalent institute Industry Type: Retail, Fashion Posted Date: 23-Sep-15
Job Description & Candidate Profile
We are looking for an experienced person, who will be responsible for production, designing and merchandising. The candidate needs to have a creative bent of mind with sufficient knowledge of the designing domain.
Pre-requisite for the role:
- 7-15 years of experience in Fashion, readymade garments industry
- Graduate in Fashion Technology from NIFT or equivalent institute
- Should have commercial knowledge and worked on Mens/Womens/Kids range
- Should have acquaintance of production cycling and fabric quality
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Established track record in Designing/Styling in Garment industry
- Responsible for planning, developing and presenting fashion-focused products for a specific market of the fashion or retail company and working closely with the design and technical team.
- Understanding all the roles involved in the process, from conceiving a design idea to it arriving on the outlets of the company.
- Trend forecasting, understanding market requirement and giving direction for designers to maintain uniqueness in designs by competitor analysis.
- Create comprehensive Merchandise design and product grid every season by incorporating retailer feedbacks, consumer segment insights, category requirements and by analyzing market trends
- Responsible for marketing plan and budgeting for the brand, ensuring alignment with corporate marketing objective.
- Managing brand launch, new product launch events from conceptualization to execution as per brand's international guideline.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of new products, in conjunction with the design, production and technical team.
- Guide production team to achieve the right quality metrics
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work with one of Global fashion brand business, as well as a high performance management team.
Knowledge of Bengali would be an added advantage
Our client is a fashion brand that was launched by its parent company in 2009. Based in Singapore, this company had made a moderate start with a single store in Dhaka, Bangladesh and soon expanded to 9 showrooms in the prime locations of the capital. By 2015 - 16, the company plans to have 15 outlets in Dhaka and establish its footprints in India, Srilanka, and Thailand.
With an exclusive range of Men, Women and Kids wear, this company is now a one stop destination for all fashion needs. Quality and Style are the USP of this brand.