Experience: 12 - 13 Years
Compensation: Rupees 25,00,000 - 32,00,000 P.A.
Industry Type: Consulting
Posted Date: 01-Mar-16
- Reviewing, Drafting and Negotiating Contractual Agreements for various business segments of the firm. This activity includes, without limitation, the following:
a) Review and providing comments on various standard engagements.
b) Review and providing comments on various non-standard or client formatted engagement agreements
c) Negotiating with Client business and legal teams in a pursuit to agree provisions with the client's clauses as close as per our standard terms.
d) Providing internal guidance to the engagement teams on various global internal policies.
e) Reviewing and negotiating with the clients terms and conditions for other engagement related documents, such as Release Letters, Access Letters, Duty of Care Letters, Hold Harmless letter, etc.,
- Review and Drafting of Government Contracts, Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals/Quotations etc. issued by Government client during tender bidding process. This may include :
a) Reviewing and providing comments from a legal standpoint and providing guidance on the Government Contracts, Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals/Quotations etc. issued by Government client during tender bidding process
b) Providing timely support to the business teams in contract vetting and negotiation.
c) Approving Power of Attorney/Bank Guarantee/Declaration/other Legal formats to be submitted along-with public bids
Cross Border Documentation and Support:
I. Representing India over calls held with concerned Global Legal Team and cross border negotiations.
II. Reviewing, drafting and negotiating the Cross Border documents including the following:
- Master Services Agreements
- Local Country Participation Agreements
- International subcontract arrangements
- International invoicing and payment arrangements.
Reviewing, drafting and negotiating other legal documents such as :-
- Sub-Contract Arrangements,
- Consortiums Agreements,
- Teaming Agreements,
- Sponsorship Agreements,
- Author Agreements,
- Knowledge Sharing Agreements,
- Memorandum of Understandings,
- Non-Disclosure Agreements,
- Vendor Services Procurement Agreements, etc.
Conducting Legal Research, Development and Reporting:
- Conducting legal research and circulation of customized articles on complex legal issue/Judgements/Amendment in laws within the team.
- Development of internal legal link with updated templates and Articles from time to time.
- Providing guidance on policies applicable to India legal team to the business teams on their business engagements with third parties.
- Preparing Monthly Dashboard for providing visibility to entire Legal Team's performance and work products turned around.
- Working closely with other legal team members in their daily routine work.
- 12 -13 years of Professional work experience.
- Sound knowledge of contractual laws including cross-border transactions.
- Ideal candidate would be somebody who has experience in dealing with MNC clients, Global interactions, good exposure to Indian tender process / documentations of government contracts etc.
- Should have worked on similar profile in some large MNC's / reputed Law firm in India.
- LLB from a reputed Law college in India.
Key competencies and requirements:
- Strong professional and moral value grounding.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team sharing information easily and proactively
- High level of analytical ability
- Good commercial and technical legal skills with mature judgement and business focus
- Ability to deliver results within tight deadlines in a complex environment with hands-on approach.
- Knowledge of Indian laws and English Common law
- Business solution oriented and strategic mindset to make the legal function a dynamic business supporter. Should be an effective - trusted advisor- to the business individuals.
- Develop good knowledge of firm's policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of formulating and implementing a compliance framework in a large sized corporation.