As a member of the Application Development and Support team, the person will be responsible for the development and support of native and web based mobile applications. The major focus will be on iOS application development and experience in Android application development will be a big plus. The role requires interaction and coordination with teams in different time zones. The individual needs to be resourceful and independent.
The individual would also play a critical role in providing 2nd Level application support for EZI's already deployed and upcoming applications. The support will entail understanding, setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and performance tuning on the applications.
Major responsibility will be bespoke development of new or existing applications – requirement gathering, requirement analysis, software design and architecture, development, integration, testing and global deployment.
Other responsibilities will involve:
- Understanding the currently under development business critical application and create requisite documentation, frameworks and processes which would be required in extending and supporting it. Incident management and escalation, problem management, communication with the offshore development team for any problems related to this application
- Improving upon the existing applications by code documentation, functional improvements and re-design / corresponding development
- Follow-up with clients as part of the customer care program, contribution to continuous enhancement of development and deployment processes, tools and communication
- Good knowledge of Objective-C, Swift and rich UI design
- Good knowledge of Authorization and Authentication using certificates or ADFS
- Good knowledge of Working with web services (JSON or web APIs)
- Good knowledge of Managing offline data sync
- Good knowledge of Push notification
- Has worked on designing Enterprise applications from scratch
- Minimum 5 year Experience of iOS application design and development
Good to Have:
- Experience of working with Open source codebases
- Experience of web service design and implementation
- Experience in Android app development
- Knowledge of SQL Server and optimized SQL queries
- Sound knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience of Bug tracking applications, such as JIRA
- Experience of source control tools such as TFS, SVN
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills
- The ability to work both independently and in project teams
- Aptitude and Flexibility to work on other technologies like .NET framework.
- Education in Information Technology or closely related technology area (Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field / MCA)
- Overall work experience of 5-8 years